Here at UArizona Geosciences, we offer a unique Field Camp Experience: GEOS 414 Geology Field Camp
Field camp benefits students in a multitude of ways. From hands on experience and problem solving in real time, to learning data collection and exposure to diversity, field camp is one of the best opportunities for career preparation. Learn More
All students interested in GEOS 414, please contact Dr. Peter DeCelles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 10th - July 13th, 2024
This 5-week, 6-credit intensive field course is offered each summer to Geosciences students from the University of Arizona and other universities. Students study a broad range of rock types in various tectonic and geomorphological settings in order to learn the geological and tectonic history of the western North America. The course serves juniors, seniors, and graduate students who need to complete a 6-unit Field Experience for degree requirements.
"The people were what made the experience; the professors, students and the memories we made I will remember for a lifetime. Fieldcamp definitely prepared me physcially and academically for whatever path I take. I learned about 3 courses worth of geology in 5 weeks. This was truly an experience unlike any other."
- Mia Bohi-Greeen, BS '22
Field Camp Scholarship Opportunities Outside of UA:
- American Institute of Professional Geologists National Scholarship
- Association for Women Geoscientists Scholarships
- Beardsley-Kuper Field Camp Scholarship Fund (AEG Foundation)
- UArizona Gilman Scholarship for Study Abroad Experiences, such as our GEOS 405 Accessible Earth Field Experience!
- GSA/ExxonMobil Field Camp Scholar Award
- J. David Lowell Field Camp Scholarships
- National Association of Geoscience Teachers Field Scholarships