The Department of Geosciences as the University of Arizona offers two Field Camp Experiences: GEOS 405 Accessible Earth and GEOS 414 Geology Field Camp will be offered in Summer 2023. We hope you consider applying for the following field experiences. Great testimonials on the benefits of field camps can be found in this article.
GEOS 405 Accessible Earth, the first course of its kind, makes Earth sciences more accessible to students of all physical abilities and provides international research experience. This is a 5-week, 6-credit geosciences field course that is based in Orvieto, Italy. It serves juniors, seniors, and graduate students who need to complete a 6-unit Field Experience for degree requirements. The GEOS 405 application is available through the UA Study Abroad website. (Will not be offered Summer 2023)
GEOS 414 Geology Field Camp is a 5-week, 6-credit intensive field course offered each summer to Geosciences students from the University of Arizona and other universities. Students study a broad range of rock types in various tectonic and geomorphological settings in order to learn the geological and tectonic history of the western North America. The course serves juniors, seniors, and graduate students who need to complete a 6-unit Field Experience for degree requirements. The GEOS 414 application is will open in December 2022 for Summer 2023 applicants. The Summer 2023 course is will be the following dates May 18th through June 21st, 2023.
Field Camp Scholarship Opportunities Outside of UA:
- American Institute of Professional Geologists National Scholarship
- Association for Women Geoscientists Scholarships
- Beardsley-Kuper Field Camp Scholarship Fund (AEG Foundation)
- UArizona Gilman Scholarship for Study Abroad Experiences, such as our GEOS 405 Accessible Earth Field Experience!
- GSA/ExxonMobil Field Camp Scholar Award
- J. David Lowell Field Camp Scholarships
- National Association of Geoscience Teachers Field Scholarships