All UA Geosciences Field Camps have been cancelled due to the COVID-19 emergency.
If circumstances permit, we do plan to offer both GEOS 405 and GEOS 414 in Summer 2021. Please consider applying for one of our Summer 2021 field experiences. Applications will open again in the 2020-2021 Academic Year. We will update this website as soon as updated information is available.
Accessible Earth, the first course of its kind, makes Earth sciences more accessible to students of all physical abilities and provides international research experience. This is a 5-week, 6-credit geosciences field course that is based in Orvieto, Italy and serves juniors, seniors and graduate students.
Summer Field School is a 5-week, 6-credit intensive field course offered each summer to Geosciences students. Students study a broad range of rock types in various tectonic and geomorphological settings in order to learn the geological and tectonic history of the western North American Cordilleran orogenic belt.
Field Camp Scholarship Opportunities
- American Institute of Professional Geologists National Scholarship
- Association for Women Geoscientists Scholarships
- Beardsley-Kuper Field Camp Scholarship Fund (AEG Foundation)
- GSA/ExxonMobil Field Camp Scholar Award
- J. David Lowell Field Camp Scholarships
- National Association of Geoscience Teachers Field Scholarships